The building of the "Patriotische Gesellschaft" (the Patriotic Society) designed by Theodor Blau, was built between 1845 and 1847 on the site of the old town hall. The brick building, in neo-gothic style, with sandstone window and door surrounds, and with a spiral staircase down to the canal, was altered between 1923 and 1924. Floors and a new staircase created an interesting mix between neo-gothic and expressionist brick building on the top of the facade.
Entire building 600 square metres, 5 rooms for events, some rooms interconnected, capacity 20 - 300 people. Rooms have to be hired as a whole. Listed building!
Alter Wall 40