One of Hamburg´s most prominent concert hall lies on Johannes Brahms square. The neo-baroque building, finished in 1908, has a red brick facade and long windows, in front of which run small balconies with iron railings. The slate roof rests on a broad sandstone border, adorned with a few copper gables and sculptures. The building has two performance halls. The small one has 640 seats and the big hall, which also has a Beckerath organ, has 2,000 seats. Since the first January of 2005, the concert hall is called after his founder: Laeiszhall.