The old town hall of Kiel was built between 1907 and 1911 and is since then home of the urban administration. The art nouveau main front and the high, quadratic tower are forming the town’s landmark. Every hour a glockenspiel is playing in the 106 metre high tower, which is accessible by foot. The opera house is located in the direct neighbourhood. Today there is also a “new town hall” located in the Andreas-Gayk-Street 31.